[gNewSense-users] Re: New project: GNewSenseToMIPS

From: Danny Clark
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: New project: GNewSenseToMIPS
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:13:58 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
> I am glad to announce the creation of the project GNewSenseToMIPS

Just FYI on the timetable for various things the FSF will do to help
this effort:

(a) We have 3TB of disk for the Debian repo mirrors etc. that this
project will make nessisary in the mail to us - should arrive tomorrow,
and be in a machine and up at the colo facility next week.

(b) I'm playing with getting linux-vserver [1] up on our lemote mini, so
people with no access to the hardware can get root on a virtual box as
root (linux-vserver is the only virtualization technology that claims to
support the MIPS architecture).

However it would really be better if someone was available to work on
this who has linux (as in the kernel) development skills, which the FSF
Sys Admin office does not have. If anyone wants to take a stab at this
that does not have a Lemote loongson 2f based box, just email
address@hidden your SSH public keys (preferably in a GnuPG-suppled
email) and I'll get you access.

(c) I have a bunch of documentation on various Lemote stuff on the
internal FSF wiki, and need to dump it to an external wiki. There is
already a little bit up at http://ur1.ca/09rz - if anyone knows of a
good mediawiki -> pmwiki syntax converter, I'd love to hear about it (we
use mediawiki for internal sys admin doc at the FSF.)

(d) People should feel free to ping me on #gnewsense for status updates
etc.; I am djbclark there.

[1] Welcome to Linux-VServer.org
http://linux-vserver.org/Welcome_to_Linux-VServer.org

Cheers,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny