[gNewSense-users] Re: Copyright, but no license: Free or not?

From: Matthew Fisher
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Copyright, but no license: Free or not?
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:16:12 -0500

About the files in the kernel, which contain copyright statements but no license information -- I'm persuaded by Sam Geeraert's rationale for not worrying about them:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-users/2008-12/msg00027.html

As he says, things which are clearly proprietary would be of higher priority. That said, it might be worthwhile to come back to this issue later. That would be easier if we flagged the files now.

Does anyone with Lisp skills feel like adding a new license type option to the KFV script for "Copyright, but no license, assumed to be GPLv2."? Or would anyone object if I made that change?

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Kfv-script