Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: wireless config

From: Luis Alberto
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: wireless config
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:27:11 -0600

To conclude, I can only suggest that you should always check whether or not a hardware comes with a free firmware and buy only the one that has a free firmware.

I agree completely with you, but i really think that's not as easy as said.

The computer market is not so diverse in some countries, and some times, looking for a hardware that works with free software you find that the market isn't big enough to include free hardware or is 4 or 5 times the more expensive.

I think that a campaign that helps to recognize free hardware will aid us to choose nest time, something that the actual manufactures that ships free firmware and hardware can take advance on, and some others could follow.

A red label on the hardware box, may say:
"This piece of hardware supports your freedom"
or
"Freedom supported" ;)

That just could be great XD

--