[gNewSense-users] GeForce 7025 and gNS

From: Bruno Miguel
Subject: [gNewSense-users] GeForce 7025 and gNS
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:34:31 +0000

A few days ago I had some problems with the power grid and my computer had to
go to garbage (cpu and motherboard toasted). So, I bought new hardware. The
new motherboard comes with a NVidia GeForce 7025, but I can't have a screen
resolution bigger than 800x600 without getting and "out of sync" error.
The only - and worst - solution I know is to use the NVidia blobs, but I do
not want this. I've searched for a solution but the only one I found was
compiling the most recent noveau drivers, but I can't do it because I can't
satisfy all the dependencies.
Unfortunately for me I have to stick with this onboard graphic card because I
can't afford a new one right now, and I don't wan't to use it with proprietary
drivers. I will appreciate any help anyone can give me.