[gNewSense-users] Language Support deleted OpenOffice.org

From: Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Language Support deleted OpenOffice.org
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 10:01:44 -0500

This happened to me when installing gNewSense 2.1 on another machine. After installing the system I did the following:

  1. Installed the updates, which included some OpenOffice updates. After this, OpenOffice was working fine.
  2. Installed language support for Spanish and Japanese, and activated input for complex characters. I did all this through

After this, I went to OpenOffice to test my Japanese writing and saw that OpenOffice was nowhere, it got deleted.

In my machine I didn't have this problem because I installed the language support first. But when there were updates available I got a partial update notice and the OpenOffice updates appeared grayed out in the update manager.

¿What could this be?

Thanks in advance,

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo