Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: free netbook lemote yeeloong available

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: free netbook lemote yeeloong available
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 21:04:08 +0100

Eus wrote:
The wireless has a free driver too.

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/rtl8187 says that RTL8187B is
supported. But, what about the license in the source code?
Okay, following the link on the page, I found this page:
http://www.datanorth.net/~cuervo/blog/rtl8187b-drivers-and-patches/
There I downloaded rtl8187b-unmodified-realtek.tar.gz. The license says GPLv2.
Great!
One think left, is there any binary blobs? Hopefully there is none. But, I
haven't checked it myself.

I browsed through the modified-dist code. There are some hex tables and magic numbers in there, but they don't look too random (except for the ones that have to do with encryption, but that's a good thing) so I think it's OK.