Re: [gNewSense-users] how to install gNewSense on my Dell Inspiron 1000

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] how to install gNewSense on my Dell Inspiron 1000
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 05:19:12 +0100

i want to install free OS with free software, because... well.... i'm poor.

If you want freedom this is the right choice. If it is for money, use windows 95.

so i downloaded the gNewSense deltah iso image file, and i can't get
it on the computer.  it took 12 hours to download 'cause i live in a
cabin in adirondack park and use a verizon wireless phone card, which
is pretty darn slow for downloads.  or uploads.

Might have been cheaper to have the cd sent to you.

but i can't do anything with it.  why are there no instructions as to
how to work with this file?  do the developers want the users to
figure how to do things by googling for every step?  it's so
difficult!  i need instructions!  i was born computer illiterate and
didn't go to computer college.

It is a community effort. Will you please contribute?

here's what i DID do.  i was able to mount it, whatever that means,
but couldn't find where to run it, install it, tell it "go!", whatever
it wants to hear to get on my computer and work.  it's frustrating.

Boot with the CD in. The BIOS must boot the CD before the hard disk.

is gNewSense just for the computer literate?

I don't think so. My father who is 85 uses it. He is no technitian.
--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez