Re: [gNewSense-users] ideas & suggestions about gNewSense

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] ideas & suggestions about gNewSense
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:21:21 +0000

Torsten Behrens wrote:

snipped

Can you please also tell me when gNewSense's next edition will be released?

When the next LTS is released or there is a developer community of sufficient size to make that change.

I didn't find
any information about the next edition on the gNewSense's website. I am
curious to know!
see above
I hope that my email was kind of inspiration for you and your team.

I doubt it - if you had read the mailing list already you would have seen this being debated and the answers are always the same.

If you had checked the web site you would have found out more about vlc.

It is down to upstream and a lack of devs on our part.

Feel free to work out how it is to be done (read the mailing list), then participate in that way.

Currently on the code side we have two main contributors.
Sure one small change here and one there, then the next thing you know you have hundreds of programs to take care of. There are a couple of thousand programs already in the distro.

Brian and Karl and many cheers for them. We had a lot of help from Chris F in the past.

We have the support of sysadmins within the FSF we have Freenode for irc.

Forums - I don't read them, I just can't get my head around them.

Regards,

Paul