Re: [gNewSense-users] kernel - mach64 copyrigth

From: Stuart Baker
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] kernel - mach64 copyrigth
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:37:18 +1300

> after my mail:
>
>        hi!
>        checking the linux kernel in section /include/video i found this
>        copyright notice about the file mach64.h:
>
>        [ * full licence attached here * ]
>
>        I think this "sample code" mentioned came from your on-line
>        site. So, i would know what kind of licence it has.
>
>        thanks in advance,
>        Marco
>
> their brief aswer is:
>> >From which app is this from?
>> Regards,

> ... what i can answer back?

I wander what they mean by that?
It looks like you have already stated that it was from the kernel, and
where in the kernel it was located.

You also stated that it was from, what looks like, Sample code.

Perhaps you should say something like:

As part of an effort to create a fully Free (as in freedom) GNU/Linux
Distribution I am looking through the Linux kernel and checking all
code to ensure that it is licensed under a Free License.

I have come across a file, specifically 'mach64.h' in the kernel
section /include/video that includes the following license:

*Insert License here*

There is also what appears to be some ATI Sample Code, it mentions
that it was originally retrieved from your website.

I would appreciate it if you could follow this up and check what the
aforementioned code was released under.

Kind Regards.

*Insert your name here*

*Perhaps attach mach64.h ??*