[gNewSense-users] edited home page

From: Ali Gunduz
Subject: [gNewSense-users] edited home page
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:13:45 +0300

Hi all,

The new homepage looks great! However, after Chris M. Simon mentioned that the language was a little strange, I took the liberty of editing it. Although you can diff it yourself, the main changes are:

- The "we" and "our"s are changed to "you" and "your"s, since this introduction explains what the newcomers can achieve by using gNS.
- "email" to "email management"
- "messenging" to "messaging"
- "Learn more about gNewSense" is linked to the Wiki Main instead of the features page. 'Features' is a very short document, mainly listing what features are removed. I think - especially in the introductory stage - the provided features should be emphasized not the removed ones. We should promote gNS not as a bastardization of Ubuntu but as the fruit of the free software.

Ali

gNewSense — Free as in Freedom

A free as in freedom GNU/Linux distribution, that takes all the non-free blobs out of a rather popular distribution.

Run your computer on free software with gNewSense.

Free software is software that respects your freedom. To use free software is to make a political and ethical choice asserting your rights to learn and to share what you learn with others.

gNewSense has a rich graphical user interface, a full office suite, plus web browsers, email management, instant messaging, calendaring and for developers — the full GNU developer toolchain, GNU Emacs, a variety of compilers, debuggers and more.

And because gNewSense is free software, you can use it without restrictive licenses, make copies for your friends, school or business, and join the gNewSense community to help build and improve the software.

Please use Torrents and Mirrors where possible. We also have a page on how to create your own GNU/Linux Distribution.

gNewSense is a project by Brian Brazil and Paul O'Malley plus contributors.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover Texts.

This project is run with the assistance of the Free Software Foundation.

Espanol, Francais, Italiano.