Re: [gNewSense-users] Changing the forum

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Changing the forum
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:02:39 +0100

2008/8/20 Eric Morey <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 19:53 +0100, James Freer wrote:
>> Chris
>>
>> What's wrong with their licence? I've missed something?
>>

> Agreement:
> Part 1.d
> Any Distribution of this Package, whether as a Modified Package or not,
> requires express written consent from Simple Machines LLC.
>
> Part 2.c
> Any Distribution of a Modified Package or derivative requires express
> written consent from Simple Machines LLC.

Eric

I saw those but perhaps i don't understand... or in our two countries
that means something different.

To me "written consent" in 1.d means permission i.e. email or in the
extreme actually written - they just want to know what organisations
are using the software [fair enough and it is free].

In 2c they don't want people modifying their code and then calling it
their own under a new name (hence the explanation below) [fair
enough].
http://www.simplemachines.org/about/opensource.php

No? That is my understanding.
They would clarify it by email.