Re: [gNewSense-users] iwlwifi (intel iwifi drivers) ucode license

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] iwlwifi (intel iwifi drivers) ucode license
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:12:28 +0100

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jean Schurger <address@hidden> wrote:
Le mercredi 23 juillet 2008 à 13:56 +0100, Brian Brazil a écrit :
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Jean Schurger <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

  I'me not sure that the iwlwifi driver should be include to gnewsense, it use a firmware from intel, i've attached to license to this
mail, but it's available here : http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=downloads&f=ucode

What's the policy about that ?

Last I checked (which was this morning) we don't include the firmware.

Anymore, you mean, it's ok, but default install of deltah that i've downloaded there is a few days include it.
Is it a lot of works to put a new iso on the official website ? may be with a micro version number ?

The latest versions remove it, we don't yet have a CD out with it removed. There's a few other things I'd like to get in before pushing a new ISO.

Brian