[gNewSense-users] Corrected URL (Re: Proposal regarding KFV data batch h

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Corrected URL (Re: Proposal regarding KFV data batch handling)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:57:32 -0400

>> > Looks like linux-ubuntu-modules is done, can you do a run and dump the
>> > output on the wiki somewhere?
>>
>> Yes, unless someone can suggest a better page name, I will put the
>> list on the page:
>>
>> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/linux-ubuntu-modules-non-free-files

A slightly more readable URL has an extra hyphen:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/linux-ubuntu-modules--non-free-files

> Would be good. perhaps it should be linked to in non-free files related
> bug reports? or make one overarching bug report for all the files in the
> list?
> It would be a good place to start working out what to file bugs about
> upstream.
> In time it may be posable to link the files in the list to their wiki
> page, but i doubt that will happen any time soon :)

Linking to this page from existing bug reports IMO would be worth the
effort (some reports already link to a more specialized page listing
some files that contain binary blobs).  Perhaps new "summary" bug
reports should be filed by those more familiar with upstream
considerations?

I certainly *can* link each non-free file in the listing to its wiki
page.  (For those who do not know, a wiki page for a file typically
contains a summary about its license and its non-free data [if
applicable]; it might also contain an excerpt from the file that
contains its license conditions).

Is that OK with you, Brian?

Eventually we should also add a wiki page that contains all links to
non-free file listings.  That summary page will likely turn out to be
be quite helpful.

Again, to remind everyone, the new URL will be:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/linux-ubuntu-modules--non-free-files

I hope to have it done before tomorrow.