[gNewSense-users] Tool in repos suggesting non-free drivers

From: Bruno Miguel
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Tool in repos suggesting non-free drivers
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 05:49:22 +0100

Hi

I was trying to find a tool in gNS repositories that could help me
easily configure my xorg.conf to work with the free nvidia driver and
I stumbled across envyng. This little tool seems to suggests the
instalation of non-free NVidia and ATI drivers, as you can see by this
screenshot: http://pictload.plixweb.fr/pics/0d436ebe47fbeb0aa048c5ccfcc852a7.png

Since I'm writing this email, does anyone know a simple way to make
Xorg work with the free NVidia drivers? I think mine is using the Vesa
driver. At least, that is the interpretation I make from this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Recording screencasts with this can be a real pain, a real *slow* pain.

Peace;
Bruno Miguel