Re: [gNewSense-users] Forum Issue

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Forum Issue
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:19:39 +0200

Brian Brazil wrote:
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:55 AM, Luis A. Guzman Garcia <address@hidden>
wrote:

Hi, everyone!

I've been using our forum at the gNewSense site, and today i noticed
that it shut down.

Maybe the same issue that we had on the Index wiki page, it should
overloaded the wiki and break. This affected both Forums, Main and
Hispano.

Should we fill a bug (not very sure why), update the PmWiki or try to
hack the PmWiki sorce?

It's uptodate, but this is not the first scalability issue from PmWiki.
A (:pagelist:) is the main content, and there's 2.2M of stuff under
ForumMain if someone wants to attack the code to be more memory efficient.

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00835 was filed over 18 months ago with the fix,
so I'm unsure if there's much point pushing things upstream. Sigh.

Brian