[gNewSense-users] KFV: how to handle COPYING?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] KFV: how to handle COPYING?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:48:00 +0200

The file COPYING containing the GPL (like in http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-linux-ubuntu-modules-2-6-24-16-23--ubuntu--sound--alsa-driver) is in the strictest sense non-free. Right at the top it says:

"... but changing it is not allowed."

Obviously, we don't want to remove it, because the GPL requires that we provide a copy of the license. Also, it's a legal document describing the terms of use and distribution of the source code, so it shouldn't (mustn't) be changed.

Two questions:
1) How do we mark it in the wiki for KFV?
2) For what other files do we need exceptions in the freedom verification process and how can we put that into the KFV flow?