[gNewSense-users] config name problem (Re: KFV script: Wrong type argume

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: [gNewSense-users] config name problem (Re: KFV script: Wrong type argument)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:12:46 -0400

> OK, it looks like the problem is caused by the name of the directory
> "config". If I name it anything else, the script proceeds as normal. I
> hope this helps to narrow down the cause.

OK, here is what I found out so far about this "config" name problem
with respect to kfv.el.

First of all, some perspective:

$ find linux-2.6.24_12.22/ -name '*config*' -type d
linux-2.6.24_12.22/Documentation/filesystems/configfs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/arm/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/avr32/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/blackfin/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/ia64/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/m32r/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/m68k/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/mips/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/parisc/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/powerpc/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/ppc/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/sh/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/sh64/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/v850/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/x86/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/arch/xtensa/configs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/fs/configfs
linux-2.6.24_12.22/scripts/kconfig
linux-2.6.24_12.22/debian/config

I tested it on names like configfs, configs, kconfig, and, of course,
config.  The only failure was for config with Emacs 22.  config does
not fail with Emacs 23.  I think that working around this bug will not
be worth it.  It's easier to just do a rare section like this by other
means, such as using kfv.el with Emacs 23.

I have been unable so far to find a report on this bug, so, of course,
I will file a bug report on Emacs 22 at some upstream point.

Thanks again, Sam, for reporting this.