Re: [gNewSense-users] Free mp3 enconder

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Free mp3 enconder
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:07:38 +0930

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 22:13 +0100, Lee McCafferty wrote:

> > So, why it's not included in gNS 2.0?
> >

> Probably because mp3 is not a Free codec ?

Actually because its in Ubuntus multiverse, so gets removed by us by
default.

If someone writes a gen- script to grab the source, rebuild it (as
required) and put it in our universe i expect it would be accepted.

Karl Goetz,
Debian user / Ubuntu contributor / gNewSense contributor
http://www.kgoetz.id.au