[gNewSense-users] Free mp3 enconder

From: Bruno Miguel
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Free mp3 enconder
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 19:20:47 +0100

Hello

My brother asked me to convert him some videos to an audio
format compatible with his Motorola cellphone. So, I used
ffmpeg to convert the videos to mp3, one of the few formats
his cellphone can read. But I noticed that ffmpeg doesn't
do the convertions using the mp3 header; instead, the mp2
is used.
After searching the repositories for a capable application,
I finally came with a solution: convert the videos to Ogg
Vorbis and then copy them to his windows machine (so far, I
was not able to convert him to good - in the sense of
goodness - software, aka free software) and then convert
them in is machine to mp3, using audacity.

This situation makes me question if there is a free mp3
library or something like that for ffmpeg. I found an
enconder, but it is not capable of converting videos to
audio.

Peace;
Bruno Miguel