Re: [gNewSense-users] create a stripped version

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] create a stripped version
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 12:47:41 +0930

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 11:26 -0700, meandean wrote:
> ehlo!
>
> I am going to do a stripped version of gnewsense that will only include a
> basic gnome install and not much else.

Cool. Is this for low resource systems?

>  I expect it to be about a 350mb ISO. I was wondering if there is any
> interest by the gnewsense project to adopt this as a official ISO

It expect can be offical *if*:
 - it builds using builder
 - stays free
 - is named gNewSense-<some defining bit here>

Note thats not authoritive, just 'i suspect'

> or if I need to be sure to acknowledge that it is a unofficial ISO?

Until it becomes official it would be good if you could be clear its
unoffical :)

>  Also, does gnewsense have any policy/guidelines about unofficial ISOs?

Not per se, although i'm happy to work with you on some.
kk

--
Karl Goetz,
Debian user / Ubuntu contributor / gNewSense contributor