[gNewSense-users] Re: migrating to gns 2.0

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: migrating to gns 2.0
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 07:43:34 +0300

Ivan Ivanov wrote:

> I've said about the OO.o and Gimp, which are better to be removed
> befor the procedure.

I had both OOo and GIMP, and there were no problems with the upgrade.

> Both, Yavor and I, have problems with the console cyrillic

In DeltaD cyrillic on the console was hopelessly broken.  In DeltaH it
works, but for some reason running `dpkg-reconfigure console-setup'
does not modify the configuration file.  You have to do it by hand.

My configuration:

$ grep -v ^# /etc/default/console-setup
,----
| VERBOSE_OUTPUT=yes
|
| ACTIVE_CONSOLES="/dev/tty[1-6]"
|
| CHARMAP="UTF-8"
|
| CODESET="Uni2"
|
| FONTFACE="Fixed"
| FONTSIZE="14"
|

| XKBMODEL="pc104"
| XKBLAYOUT="us,bg"
| XKBVARIANT=",phonetic"
| XKBOPTIONS="grp:rwin_toggle,lv3:ralt_switch,grp_led:scroll"
|

| BOOTTIME_KMAP_MD5=""
`----

Make sure to delete the md5sum in the last option.
Unfortunately Terminus is still the old version that doesn't support
Greek characters.