Re: [gNewSense-users] migrating to gns 2.0

From: Ivan Ivanov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] migrating to gns 2.0
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:45:54 +0300

На Tue, 20 May 2008 16:21:57 +0930
Karl Goetz <address@hidden> написа:

> It would be "a suggested" way, not "the offical". Offical implies a
> level of support we simply cant provide.
> kk

Sorry for the delay first.

I understand now.
OK. I've said about the OO.o and Gimp, which are better to be removed
befor the procedure.

I've forgotten to tell you about something very important. When I
upgraded to the new kernel, Ive became that message: "Your kernel
doesn't support userspace sofware suspend. Please reconfigure your
kernel to include CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y". I didn't. Big mistake.
After reboot The kernel was complaining (device-mapper: Unable to find
device), just like by Yavor (but I have purged the packages he told)
and I couldn't do anything but reboot again. I booted the old kernel,
and added the string CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y
in /boot/config-2.6.24.-16-386. Rebooted again. It worked.

Both, Yavor and I, have problems with the console cyrillic (the
problem doesn't exist in the gnome virtual terminal). I don't know
what causes the problem, but it's something important to correct.

I think, that's all.

Best Regards

Ivan Ivanov