Re: [gNewSense-users] migrating to gns 2.0

From: Ivan Ivanov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] migrating to gns 2.0
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:21:07 +0300

На Mon, 19 May 2008 22:05:43 -0500
"Luis A. Guzman Garcia" <address@hidden> написа:

> Do you think that Yavor's directions can be improved?. By adding some
> other notes, deleting, or changing some steps before others.
> If so, it would be great if you (that have the experience) could
> re-write Yavor's manual (where necessary) so test can be made, and
> establish "the official" way to upgrade from 1.1 to 2.0.

It's a good Idea but I think, that there is a major problem here -
Yavor and I have different packages installed, so we had different
problems (Yavor never had, and problably never will have Oo.o) :)
There cannot be made test with all packages install too, because many
of them conflict with each other...
I mean, that the only official way may come, when ones know which
packages have major differences as package names or so.

The another problem is, that as I said I am non-proffit user, so I'm
not pretty sure how I made it :)

Hay, when I said that with the names - there was a bug with claws-mail.
I tried to install the transitional package sylpheed-claws-gtk2 (I
didn't know that the name was changed) but it's not transitional ;) I
mean that it doesn't depend from claws-mail, so it doesn't work...

There is something strange too - after the migration I saw ~/.adobe
~/.macromedia, which I'm sure are not my artwork :) /.adobe is empty,
but there are some files in ~/.macromedia.

I think, I must report this as bug, but I don't know which bad bad
package made it.

Best Regards

PS: Sorry to Luis for the double sending, I just didn't see that the
list address is in CC

Ivan Ivanov