[gNewSense-users] Sound & video problems

From: Carsten Agger
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Sound & video problems
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:40:06 +0200

OK, so I installed gNewSense, making the switch from Ubuntu, and all in
all, the system is really very nice and stable.

A few things,

- Sound doesn't work. The system seems to claim there's no sound card
detected. Only I *thought* (and the error may be mine) that my sound
card was a basic SB-compatible thing for which free drivers would be
available - fwiw, it's a  ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB4x0, according to
"lspci".

- YouTube videos, i.e., embedded Flash videos, don't display. I've got
gnash and the plugin installed, and flash animations (e.g., ads on
newspaper sites) are displayed fine, but embedded Flash/YouTube things
come up blank and it's not possible to play them.

- Wireless Internet doesn't work (not sure I expected it to, but
then ...), at least not with the D-Link USB device I used to test.

Anyone knows if there's fixes for these things?

br
Carsten