Re: [gNewSense-users] Sugestion on Website

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Sugestion on Website
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:48:45 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
Am Wednesday, dem 14. May 2008 schrieb Karl Goetz:

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 22:48 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
Koh Choon Lin wrote:
Hi!

If we want to reach a broad audience and do some marketing, then a good look at Ubuntu is in order. It would be nice if we could come up with a short catchphrase that just about captures the essence of the project (like "Linux for Human Beings"). That should be on the front page, with some fancy design (didn't we already have a new design by the way?) and the logo. Slap some buttons on there to link to:
eg "Free as in Freedom", which is on the splash screen when you install?
kk

While "Free as in Freedom" is a good slogan, it is not unique to gNewSense.

How about that: "gNewSense - the system of a free world"

Unique is nice to have, but not required in my opinion. "Free as in Freedom" is strongly associated to the FSF and GNU, but gNewSense wants to be the FSF's distro of choice, so sharing the slogan is not a bad thing.

"The system of a free world" certainly applies to gNewSense, but it's kind of vague (systems come in many forms) and technical.