Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense: New kernel update, after installation d

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense: New kernel update, after installation disables Intel sound card.
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:42:18 +0930

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 20:53 +0100, Bruno Miguel wrote:
> Daniel, read this thread: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ForumMain/SoudGNewSense2
> There, all that you need is explained.
>
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Daniel Ogbuagu <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I saw ("met") the gNewSense OS (Deltah) for the first time on the day of its
> > release, May 1, and promptly downloaded it, after the advertised features
> > satisfied my quest.
> >
> > I must say, it's a fantastic piece of work. Congratulations!
> >
> > However, my Toshiba Satellite laptop (Intel Centrino, Core-Duo, 1026MB DDR2,
> > 17"-screen) has a problem with the kernel update: the laptop has an Intel
> > sound system somewhere in it's belly.

I'd like to (re)encourage people to report:
* Sound cards that are known to work with only free software (to the FSF
db if posable)
* Sound cards that arnt known if they work or not (to the wiki/list)
* sound cards that dont work (to the wiki /list).
ideally stuff should go in the wiki but i dont know if we have places
for them currently (and our doco lead is MIA)
Karl Goetz <address@hidden>