Re: [gNewSense-users] Company selling computers preinstalled with gNewSe

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Company selling computers preinstalled with gNewSense
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 18:12:38 +0200

Karl Goetz wrote:
On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 12:24 -0400, John Sullivan wrote:
I've been working with this company to get this free-software-only-systems area
of their site set up. You can buy laptops, desktops and servers preinstalled
with gNewSense. They are also donating a portion of each sale to the FSF.

Do you know if they replace non functional hardware with hardware that
works with free software, or if you'll wind up with bigs (eg
sound/modem) that dont work?
kk

http://laclinux.com/gnu

I sent them an e-mail asking about how the hardware and free software fit together. This was their answer: