Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV firmware freedom check

From: jeff
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV firmware freedom check
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 20:06:51 -0300

Christophe Jarry wrote:
I'm on my way to check for the freedom of the drivers found by the
find-firmware script of Brian (I still don't know how to use the BLAG's
script at
http://svn.gnewsense.svnhopper.net/gnewsense/builder/trunk/firmware/deblob-2.6.24.4.1,
if someone could help me, thanks in advance!). Here is what I've checked
for now:

The deblob script isn't for finding blobs, but removing known ones. It does so, in most cases, by removing the entire file that contained the blob and removing that driver from Kconfig and the Makefile. Just run the script from within a linux source tree (e.g. `cd linux-2.6.24 ; ../deblob`).

Also see this monster of a script done by Alexandre Oliva:
http://www.fsfla.org/svn/fsfla/software/linux-libre/scripts/deblob-check

-Jeff