[gNewSense-users] Unable to execute F-Spot and Balsa has problems with I

From: Bruno Miguel
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Unable to execute F-Spot and Balsa has problems with IMAP
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 03:41:05 +0100

Hi.

I tried to run F-Spot, so I could manage more easily my wallpapers
collection, but I can't run the application. When I try to execute it
in a terminal, I get the following output:

Starting new FSpot server
XXXXX
Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteSyntaxException: no such table: tags
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.GetNextStatement (IntPtr
pzStart, System.IntPtr& pzTail, System.IntPtr& pStmt) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader
(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean want_results, System.Int32&
rows_affected) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader
(CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand:ExecuteReader ()
  at Banshee.Database.QueuedSqliteCommand.Execute () [0x00000]
XXXXX
Can't get a connection to the dbus. Trying again...
Starting new FSpot server
Can't get a connection to the dbus. Trying again...
Starting new FSpot server
Can't get a connection to the dbus. Trying again...
Starting new FSpot server
Can't get a connection to the dbus. Trying again...
Starting new FSpot server
Can't get a connection to the dbus. Trying again...
Starting new FSpot server
Can't get a connection to the dbus. Trying again...
Sorry, couldn't start F-Spot

I thought it was a dependency problem, but they all seem to be
installed. So, I installed the Mono Sqlite library version 1.0 because
I saw some references to Mono and Sqlite in the error and version 2 of
this library is already installed, but it didn't help.
Due to my extremely low knowledge about programming, I am unable to
fix or try to fix this situation. So, I hope someone can help me solve
this.

Now, to Balsa.
This cool email client seems to have some problems accessing the Inbox
of my main Gmail account thought IMAP. This doesn't happen every time;
but when it happens, first it crashes, then it starting using all my
bandwidth, then stops using my bandwidth and starts increasing the
memory consumption like crazy.
I've ran balsa in the terminal and got this output - the last line
only appears after Balsa crashes and starts wasting my bandwidth:

** Message: init gpgme version 1.1.5
** Message: protocol OpenPGP: engine /usr/bin/gpg (home (null), version 1.4.6)
** Message: protocol CMS: engine /usr/bin/gpgsm (home (null), version (null))
Should the client side sorting code be sorry about your bandwidth usage?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peace;
Bruno Miguel