Re: [gNewSense-users] Possible problem with closed bug 123

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Possible problem with closed bug 123
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:21:56 +0300

Martin List-Petersen wrote:
The people maintaining gnewsense have said ok for this code/license, if you think otherwise, get proof from sun that you are right !!!

If you happen to get a lawyer on a bad day and they agree with you - you will have taken NFS out of every GNU/Linux Distribution - well done - until then, you'll have to accept the better judgement of the people that maintain this distribution.

People who maintain distributions don't always have better judgment. Some time ago I considered helping Debian, but because of awful judgment of DPL (Debian Project Leader) among others, I decided not to.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen

--
Markus Laire