[gNewSense-users] gNewSense 1.1 really slow under qemu

From: Bruno Miguel
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 1.1 really slow under qemu
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 02:49:39 +0100

Hi.

I downloaded gNewSense and I'm trying to run it under qemu. But the
liveCD boot can be extremely under qemu; it, under VirtualBox runs
really good. I tried to deactivate acpi with acpi=off and pci with
pci=off, but it still runs slow as hell. Without these parameters, it
gives me errors related to ACPI ("enable to locate RDSP" or something
similar) and PCI after the uncompressing the kernel message.
So far, I've observed this behavior when the liveCD session reaches
the "Configuring X" phase. After this stage, it goes on to the next
stages and then shows the "Uncompressing Linux..." message.
This is how I'm trying to run gNewSense under qemu/Debian Lenny: qemu
-m 400 -boot d -std-vga -no-acpi -cdrom
gnewsense-livecd-deltad-1.1.iso -hda gnewsense

I'm looking forward any help anyone can give me.

Peace;
Bruno Miguel