Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV Flow

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV Flow
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:54:15 +0200

Markus Laire wrote:
Sam Geeraerts wrote:
I've tried to update the KFV flow chart with recent insights from discussions on this mailing list. I hope it gives a reasonably accurate view of reality. I'm sorry if it looks kind of messy, I'm not used to working with Dia. Comments and suggestions are very much welcome of course.

I also apologize for my lateness. Taking an interest in libre software and seemingly being the only one in town who is knowledgeable about computers is time consuming. :) I hope it can still be useful.

Thanks to Luis and Bake for doing the work on the original flow chart.

I think that "Copyright info, no license, doesn't point to COPYING nor other file/license" should be handled just like "no copyright, no license", i.e. assumed as part of the kernel, instead of contacting the author.

Thanks Brian and Markus for your comments. I agree with both of you and have adapted the flow chart to include those ideas.

Luis, could you give me an idea on the meaning of the colors, or add them yourself? I wasn't very clear on that, so I left them pretty much the way they were and didn't add them to new boxes. If anybody else feels like cleaning it up a bit, be my guest.

Oh, and if it's OK with Luis and Bake I would like to explicitly license this piece of documentation under the GFDL (without invariant sections), because that's what is used for the wiki and it's going to be on there anyway.

PNG image