Re: [gNewSense-users] GTK2 artwork

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GTK2 artwork
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:58:22 -0400

I've got two bits.

Firstly, the theme works well technically with ONE minor caveat... The
tarballs both contain gtkrc backup (~) files that should be deleted.

My second bit is that I think the theme is too light. I REALLY like
the GDM greeter we've got but I like it because it's primarily a
"dark" theme though it's middle of the road enough that others may
disagree. I'd personally LOVE to see the GTK theme shifted just a bit
to stay in line with that. A bit of gimp pokery shows that the colors
are pretty much taken from there in the first quarter (if you imagine
the GDM greeter cut into 4 strips - ||||) and I think the second
quarter would be more appealing or even the bi-section of the 2nd and
3rd.

That's a taste issue, not so much a quality one though. Thanks for the
work in making that theme!

-Kevin