Re: [gNewSense-users] About Kernel/DocumentingYourWork

From: Mathieu Stumpf
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] About Kernel/DocumentingYourWork
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:44:15 +0200

Le dimanche 30 mars 2008 à 16:11 +0800, Christophe Jarry a écrit :
> Hi Mathieu,
>
>  Good work, this will save a lot of time!
>  A comment, thought, the file 'fore200e_firmware_copyright' in
> drivers/atm is unvisible with your script although it's a (non-free)
> license. I think you could differentiate the actions to execute
> regarding the type of file, i.e. '*.c', '*.h', 'Makefile', '*.data',
> simple files, etc to avoid this issue.

You can browse any file if you type 'v', this will launch your pager on
the file, and ask you again if it's free when you quit the pager. But
you right, I really need to make an apropriate action depending on the
file.

>  Moreover, to complete this script, it should be able to search for
> files in subdirectories (run the script to drivers/sh to understand what
> I mean).

Well I guess a simple recursive call of the script when the file is a
directory will do the trick. ^^

>  Don't forget not to add files (tmp files) in the
> linux-2.6.24_12.22 directory as it would miscalculate the number of files.

The script currently add files in /tmp/, but can change the variable if
you want.

Anyway, I'm gonna change the script to manage this issues today, stay
tuned. :D