Re: [gNewSense-users] About Kernel/DocumentingYourWork

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] About Kernel/DocumentingYourWork
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:11:21 +0800

Hi Mathieu,

Good work, this will save a lot of time!
A comment, thought, the file 'fore200e_firmware_copyright' in drivers/atm is unvisible with your script although it's a (non-free) license. I think you could differentiate the actions to execute regarding the type of file, i.e. '*.c', '*.h', 'Makefile', '*.data', simple files, etc to avoid this issue. Moreover, to complete this script, it should be able to search for files in subdirectories (run the script to drivers/sh to understand what I mean). Don't forget not to add files (tmp files) in the linux-2.6.24_12.22 directory as it would miscalculate the number of files.

Christophe