Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:10:01 +0100

Chris Andrew wrote:
I know that Mark Shuttleworth replied to one of my posts and said that
he was working on opening-up Launchpad (I think that is what he
meant).

Is there any reason why we can't highlight bugs beyong gNS, using
_reportbug_ or _reportbug-ng_
(http://reportbug-ng.alioth.debian.org/)?

Isn't that just an interface to the Debian BTS? Posting the bugs to Debian would be useful, but I agree with Karl that getting them in Ubuntu makes more sense. Because of Gobuntu of course, but also because Ubuntu is directly upstream, so the diff is smaller (e.g. I think cdrecord is completely different in Debian?).

Even if reportbug-ng could be an interface to Ubuntu Bugs, the backend would still be Launchpad, so that doesn't improve the situation much I guess.

(LOL, ponies.)

Regards,

Samgee