[gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:13:25 +0200

Karl Goetz wrote:

> In this instance, we would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.
> Which helps us not at all.

Maybe, but it is not worth the degradation of freedom for the sake of
the "advance" of the project.  The mere existence of the project is
solely related to freedom, so you'll find it hard to convince true
believers that using a non-free tool is beneficial for the goal
gNewSense has declared to pursue.

Personally, I turn my face with disgust on acts like these and they
irrevocably shake my confidence in the project.

Remember BitKeeper, the situation is not radically different.