[gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 00:06:51 +0200

Karl Goetz wrote:

> Not filing a bug upstream results in no one else being able to benefit
> from the work done in gNewSense, and results in every change we make
> staying our problem forever.

A way to pressure developers of proprietary software is to refuse to
use that software.  If there is no way to report a bug to Ubuntu
without using Launchpad, then it is entirely appropriate not to report
bugs to them.  That's what I do.

As for the "benefit", it would be more productive to report that bug
to Debian (if present), which will propagate to all derived distros.
Reporting it to Launchpad typically benefits only Ubuntu users.