[gNewSense-users] Formatting and update on a new script

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Formatting and update on a new script
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:11:04 -0400

> I done an ls -R > file  to list all. If someone mail me his result i
> would to comparing it.

I emailed to Marco my copy of the kernel tree he requested.

I also would like to report completing the zorro drivers section.  What
makes this cool is that all of the posting was done as a *batch* upload
of mostly *generated* markup from within from an Emacs session.  I did
not have to touch a web browser, except to *verify* this experiment.  My
only issue was not realizing that it is best to include something like a
file comment as preformatted pmwiki markup, i.e., instead of including
it raw, prepend a space character to every line of the comment text.
Otherwise, things like pound signs (#) starting a line get messed up.

Two other features yet to be implemented:

* Automatically updating the "parent" section page containing the
  section worked on, e.g., updating the zorro entry in the drivers page.
  This feature is more complicated since it is a revision of an existing
  page as opposed to an initial upload.  It also assumes that our
  completed pages have been updated with the URLs formatted according to
  Christophe's revisions to TableFormat.sh.

* Automatically concluding the upload with a download and presentation
  within Emacs of the renderings of the newly updated pages.  One cool
  application of this would be to have an automatic "diff" of these
  renderings against the pre-upload generated data, which would
  *guarantee* perfect results.  A related option of course would be to
  have a *preview* page of generated renderings before doing the
  "permanent" upload.

I am now polishing the code up a bit before posting it.  I should state
that this code does not replace TableFormat.sh but is just a different
approach that some users, particularly those who have used Emacs, might
want to try.