[gNewSense-users] IMPORTANT: Formating error with the fmt.sh script & Pr

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: [gNewSense-users] IMPORTANT: Formating error with the fmt.sh script & Problems with the kpvtab.py
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:50:43 +0800

Hi everybody,

As I was checking the formating of tables containing the Kernel drivers, I found out that the fmt.sh script didn't accept digits as driver names. This means that all the 'ieee1394*' files in the 'ieee1394' section would be written as 'ieee'. I've modified the script to allow digits in the file/folder name.

Moreover, as the urls naming problem pointed out by Bake Timmons is important, I've modified the fmt.sh script to have urls as in 'Ubuntu-hardy-linux-2-6-24-drivers-dma', the last part corresponding to the relative path linux-2.6.24/drivers/dma whatever the absolute path.

And, because I'm working on the stats script for the Kernel drivers, I needed to have the number of all the files present in each folder, I've then added this functionnality to the script.

The resulting script's name has been changed in TableFormat.sh as I think it's more intelligible for us.

If you want to see results of this script, you can go to http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Image or to http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-drivers. The tables created by the script are at the bottom of the pages each time (I've not deleted previous tables, of course !).

If our community agree, I suggest all of the Kernel Freedom Verifiers using ONLY this script. This will make things easier if we want the stats of the KPV as quick as possible. It will also require new created webpages (new urls pointed by the script) to be completed with the work already done and this is the most urgent task as the work is progressing.

If everybody agree with that, I will update the http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/DocumentingYourWorkKernel page and upload the script (do someone know how to do that?).

I've also looked at the kpvtab.py and found that it assumes that: the verification is already done (100%), all the drivers checked are free (100%) and that all the folders contain only one file. This would influence the stats script I'm writing and let us believe that a section is completed while it is not. So, I strongly suggest all the Kernel Freedom Verifiers using ONLY this script.

If someone find some bug, please inform the list as quick as possible, I'll try to fix it as soon as possible,

Thanks,

Cheers,

 Pitof