Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV licence issue

From: crap0101
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV licence issue
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:18:26 +0100

Hi! I'm marco
scuse me, i forget to sign the last mail:

hi! infact, this is a confused situation. In a past mail i refeer what
FSF wrote me about question on kernel's licence. I know "assuming"
something is not the better choice, mostly in legal affair, and the only
good thing to do is declare everytime the licence. Unfortunatly this is
not the case. You talk about compatible work: well, many files has been
released with "GPL V2 or loader", so we can "assume" the next developer
can put it out with GPL v3 licence...but, in this case, is not a
violation of the "main" kernel's licence? well, this is (for me) an
other contradiction... probably the only solution is the kernel "at all"
change licence to GPL v3 but... :-(