Re: [gNewSense-users] Weekly stats update.

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Weekly stats update.
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:29:16 +0100

Christophe Jarry wrote:
Hi all,

I've just tried the Sam's script and it seems it doesn't work. I'm working on a new KFV script as the structure of the gNS site is not the same for the packages and for the kernel. As I'm learning perl, I think I may understand MarkusPFV script at the end of this week. I still doesn't know how much time I'll need to write a KFV script, so, please be patient...

Cheers,

Pitof

Hi,

I think I might have explained it badly in my first e-mail. I'm pretty sure my script does work. But not until someone puts the header

Kernel sections

above the table in

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Image

Then call the script with a parameter k instead of m or u.

I did not add the header myself because I thought it would be a bit silly to create an account to change just one thing. More importantly, I don't like insecure log-ins. I believe that no password should be sent over the network in the clear (unless it's a private network), even for not so super secret stuff like the gNewSense wiki. I don't know how hard it is to set up HTTPS, but without it I'm going to need a really good reason to set up an account.

I'm not saying you should jump through hoops to change the server configuration or anything. I just a guy who wants to help out. I saw an opportunity to do that through the mailing list, so I took it.

I don't really see the point of writing a new script, unless you're going to add recursion. The current script just parses the table on the page of the top of the section tree. If you could make it so that it parses the whole section tree, then you would only have to maintain the detailed sections (like Ubuntu-hardy-Acorn) and not the whole tree all the way up to Kernel/Image.

Thank you for your attention.

Samgee