[gNewSense-users] Re: Distributions: Bug tracker, patch locations, (cent

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Distributions: Bug tracker, patch locations, (central) VCS, format
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:32:45 +1030

On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 18:57 +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Hi,

CCing gnewsense-users incase i get anything wrong.

> I would like to start with a very simple approach: Collect the
> information about he various distributions bug-tracker and places, where
> packaging files (especially patches and changes to the upstream source)
> are located. I suggest we simply collect information first on the list
> and then sort in on e.g. a Wiki page. Please add and/or fix information
> (preferable in a per-distribution sub-thread?).
>
> I hope the following is a starting point.
>
> Debian:
> * Package format: deb
> * Package: http://packages.debian.org/$PACKAGE
>   (http://packages.debian.org/src:$PACKAGE)
> * Package QA: http://packages.qa.debian.org/$PACKAGE
> * BTS: http://bugs.debian.org/$PACKAGE,
>        http://bugs.debian.org/src:$PACKAGE [1]
> * changes: integrated in the package format in the .diff.gz
> * patches: there are several patch systems like quilt, dpatch, ... to
> store separated patches
> * VCSes: location stored in the Vcs-fields [3]
> * Homepage: location stored in the Homepage-field [4]
>
> AFAIK a SOAP interface is available.

> Ubuntu:
> * Package format: .deb
> * Packages: http://packages.ubuntu.com/
> * BTS: http://launchpad.net
> * VCS: sometimes you have to consider the VCS used by the Debian
> developer and a VCS used by a MOTU
> * changes: same format as Debian

gNewSense:
 * Package format: .deb
 * Packages page: n/a, we usually use http://packages.ubuntu.com/ and
search 'dapper'
 * BTS: http://bugs.gnewsense.org/
 * VCS: http://svn.gnewsense.svnhopper.net/gnewsense/builder/trunk/
 * Changes: applied by scripts found in VCS

Karl Goetz,
Debian user / Ubuntu contributor / gNewSense contributor
http://www.kgoetz.id.au