Re: [gNewSense-users] Install/Update Questions

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Install/Update Questions
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:42:34 +1030

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 18:00 -0600, Thomas Spear wrote:
> Kevin -
>
> Thanks for the prompt response.
>
> I need to be able to install the boot loader in the gnewsense
> partition instead of the mbr.  I also would prefer to use lilo instead
> of grub.  I didn't see any way to do that when I installed from the
> live cd.

Your one of a select few people who i know which *want* to use lilo
*grin*.

I dont remember if our install cd has an option to select installing to
partition instead of MBR, if its there its on the last step of the
installer, probably under 'expert' or similar.

theres a page on teh wiki to upgrade a dapper box to gnewsense. not sure
where off the top of my head anymore.

kk