Re: [gNewSense-users] #00128

From: marco\.chieppa-crap
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] #00128
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 04:58:56 +0100

I've read the copyright. I think some points are note clean
so,maybe the bug was raised for those. I'd found:

#line 592:
3.3  NVIDIA Corp

Copyright (c) 1996 NVIDIA, Corp.  All rights reserved.

NOTICE TO USER: The source code is copyrighted under U.S.
and international
laws.  NVIDIA, Corp. of Sunnyvale, California owns the
copyright and as
design patents pending on the design and interface of the NV
chips.  Users
and possessors of this source code are hereby granted a
nonexclusive, roy-
alty-free copyright and design patent license to use this
code in individual
and commercial software.

and

#line 1072
XFree86's LICENSE document does not appear to be completely
comprehensive.

Many files appear to be licensed under the "SGI FREE SOFTWARE
LICENSE B (Version 1.1 [02/22/2000])":

SGI FREE SOFTWARE LICENSE B (Version 1.1 [02/22/2000])
[...]

#line 1232
6. Compliance with Laws; Non-Infringement. There are various
worldwide
laws, regulations, and executive orders applicable to
dispositions of
Covered Code, including without limitation export,
re-export, and import
control laws, regulations, and executive orders, of the U.S.
government and
other countries, and Recipient is reminded it is obliged to
obey such laws,
regulations, and executive orders. Recipient may not
distribute Covered
Code that (i) in any way infringes (directly or
contributorily) any
intellectual property rights of any kind of any other person
or entity or
(ii) breaches any representation or warranty, express,
implied or
statutory, to which, under any applicable law, it might be
deemed to have
been subject.

#line 1289
12. U.S. Government End Users. The Covered Code is a
"commercial item"
consisting of "commercial computer software" as such terms
are defined in
title 48 of the Code of Federal Regulations and all U.S.
Government End
Users acquire only the rights set forth in this License and
are subject to
the terms of this License.
[...]

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 15:14 +0100, Edianer wrote:
> I closed the bug http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00128
> Xfd-xl is now 100% free

Also, i'mi not sure what inspired the bug getting opened in
the first
place - could you add that detail to.
thanks,
kk