Re: [gNewSense-users] question about non-free package

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] question about non-free package
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:43:25 +1030

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 18:43 +0800, Koh Choon Lin wrote:
> > I still maintain vrms should be removed from gnewsense.
>
> It is a useful program to remind myself of non-free software... :D

problem is it reminds people of free software (the font in question),
and doesnt tell them about non-free containing software (see the bug on
xorg for an example).

As a side note, i think someone who installs non-free software (from a
3rd party) can tell that they have done so.

the accurate/inacurate ratio in vrms just doesnt work for me.

Karl Goetz,
Debian user / Ubuntu contributor / gNewSense contributor
http://www.kgoetz.id.au