Re: [gNewSense-users] PFV- script writer required.

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] PFV- script writer required.
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:51:16 +0300

On 10/16/07, Chris Andrew <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, everybody.
>
> I am interested in seeing whether a script can be produced, that would
> produce a list for the PFV people to use. The aim would be to help PFV
> people to track any sections that are not being actively maintained.
> The results would ideally be published weekly.
>
> I am yet to begin to learn Perl/ Python or any other language, so I am
> sure the way I have recorded the requirement below, is not ideal.  I
> apologise for this.  Anyone feel they can help?

I might be able to help.

> It needs to:
>
> 0) List all sections that have been adopted
> 1) Discard any of this list that has been worked-on in the last month
> 2) Discard any sections that are 100% completed
> 3) Split the result into a list of _Not yet adopted_, _100% completed,
> but not 100% free_, and finally, _< 100% free_.

Few clarifications:

Points 2) and 3) are contradictory (if all 100% completed sections are
discarded, then there can't be any "100% completed, not 100% free"
sections, can there?)
So did you mean 2) as "Discard any sections that are 100% completed
AND 100% free" or maybe something else?

Also, should the script use only page
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain as it's input?

--