Re: [gNewSense-users] Just some things I'd like to say....

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Just some things I'd like to say....
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:39:16 -0400

I have to say that I disagree with Mark almost 100%. Yes, it's a
-devel list, but frankly the idea of "You can only help the distro if
you submit patches" is kind of stupid, I think. Once again it proves
why I consider gNewSense to be a superior system - you've got people
who have the programming skill of a poddle checking the copyrights,
raising bugs and making gNewSense more freedom respecting.

Old school Debian, which Mark is familiar with, put a lot of emphasis
on "Developers" (which is what -devel) means. It wasn't until the
recent Project Leaders did "Developer" mean "Art Team" and
"Documentation Team".

Development is influencing the direction of the project and in that
regard Mark is wrong when he believes that those discussion are out of
place on the -devel list.

That said, I've already left the Gobuntu-devel list because of those
eternal flamewars on patents. :P