[gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 31

From: Peter Rock
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 31
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:16:23 +0800

Hi all, Kevin and Chris. Thanks very much for your suggestions and
information regarding the "elilo-installer" package. I contacted
debian legal and the maintainers. It appears as though the copyright
notice being absent was an oversight. Several developers responded
stating that they have no problem with the package being under GPLv2.
Another stated that it was derived from lilo which is under the GPL.
My understanding is that any discussion as to how the developers feel
like licensing elilo-installer is then irrelevant. If it is derived
from GPL code, then it too must be GPL.

For now, I have marked the package free and under "GPLv2" but noted
that the license was missing due to an oversight.

Thanks again for teaching me. :)