Re: [gNewSense-users] Update required for bug 00106

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Update required for bug 00106
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:03:42 -0400

The term "all rights reserved" is kind of pointless to say, the
copyright holder, by default, reserves all rights.

That fact that the copyright holder has those rights, and retains
then, does NOT limit their ability to license software. So ignore the
words "All rights reserved" when you see them and proceed to read the
license. If there isn't one, it's non-free.

In THIS case, the copyright holders make the license very clear
(though it's not all licensed under a single license)

This package is licensed under the revised BSD license, with the
EXCEPTION of the file "mksignames.c:, which is licensed under GNU GPL
v2 or later.

In either case, this bug is closed in my mind, this package is all
Free Software.